“I’ve used ndd products for many years because of the durability and accuracy of the devices. The large, easy-to-read screen on the EasyOne Air makes interacting with the device very simple and the results print-outs are so concise and easy to understand that I find my students naturally gravitating to these devices.”
Details EasyOne® Air
Ready to Take on Any Challenge
Regardless of location, environment or number of tests you will perform, EasyOne® Air will exceed your expectations.
- Reliable design tried and tested at large screening events
- Extremely robust TrueFlow™ measurement technology
- Performs up to 100 complete tests with one battery charge
- Proven completely calibration-free device
Choose Between Portable Mode and PC Mode
Use EasyOne® Air in portable mode, where the data is stored and the graph is displayed directly on the device, or use it in PC mode for more options.
- Portable or PC mode
- Stable Bluetooth connection
- Real-time curve display
- Real-time data transfer
Connectivity to Printers, PCs and EMR
Easily integrate EasyOne® Air into your existing clinical workflow. The device is equipped with Bluetooth and USB modules making connections to printers, a central database and EMR systems extremely easy and stable.
- Directly connect printers via USB or print via EasyOne Connect
- Synchronize data via USB or Bluetooth
- Integrate into all major EMR/EHR systems via HL7, XML, GDT, or API
- Reference projects to all major EMR systems available on request
Direct Print Solution
EasyOne Air offers the unique option to print out test results directly without the need of a PC. A large variety of printers is supported and can be used without further installation. This makes the EasyOne Air one of the most mobile spirometry devices on the market.
- Print from a PC through EasyOne Connect or connect your printer directly via USB cable
- You can use EasyOne Air with both thermal printers and printers for ordinary paper
- Printers must support at least one of the following printer languages / formats: Direct PDF, Postscript, HP PCL 3 Enhanced protocol or HP PCL3GUI (Firmware ≥ V1.10.0)
Please check out the application note about printing with EasyOne Air.
Avoid cross-contamination and reduce cleaning to an absolute minimum with the single-patient-use FlowTube.
- All parts exposed to patient's breath are single use
- Only simple surface cleaning needed
- No contamination of sensor possible
- No humidity can get into the device
- No expiration date or special storage conditions
Customize reports and chose the parameters to be displayed.
- Choose graphs to be displayed
- Color reports for better visibility
- Arrange graphs and parameters through EasyOne Connect
- Choose between Z-score, % predicted and LLN through EasyOne Connect
QC-Grading and Result Interpretation
Get automatic quality grading and interpretation based on NLHEP and ATS/ERS with the EasyOne® Air.
- Quality grades based on NLHEP and ATS/ERS for all tests
- ATS/ERS interpretation
- GOLD/Hardie, NICE, JRS and NLHEP
Cyber Security Protection for IT and Patient Information
Protect your patient information. EasyOne® Air is a modern system designed to fulfill your cyber security needs.
- Encrypted database
- User authentication with automatic log off
- User permission levels
- FDA Approval in 2017 with cyber security documentation
Worldwide Compliance with Standards
Stay compliant with ATS/ERS standards and specific country regulations.
- Fully conformant to ATS/ERS and ISO standards
- Worldwide approvals
- CE Approval
- FDA Approval
Custom Provocation Protocols
Customize available standard provocation protocols for your needs or create your own. You can easily install the customized provocation protocol on your ndd devices.
- Build your own provocation protocols
- Modify existing provocation protocols
- Export and load protocols onto other devices
Pre-installed protocols: Mannitol, MC, Exercise Provocation
Watch our video guide for more details.
TrueFlow™ - Trusted Ultrasound Technology
Stop worrying about calibration or accuracy of flow measurements. TrueFlow™ is the only ultrasound technology proven to be accurate for a lifetime for flow and volume measurements.
- Calibration-free with proven lifetime stability
- Contact and resistance-free measurement
- Outstanding accuracy and robustness
- Patented technology
To review case studies and additional information about our proven technology, please click here.
Large Selection of Predicted Sets (%Pred, Z-score and LLN)
The first in line for newly published predicted values: EasyOne® devices are used in predicted studies worldwide (e.g. LUNOKID, ALAT).
- %Pred, Z-score, LLN
- GLI (Stanojevic 2009, Quanjer 2012)
- NHANES III (North America)
- PLATINO (South America)
- ERS (Europe) and JRS, IP, Chhabra (Asia)
Please see our specification below for a complete list of the supported predicted values.
FAQs EasyOne® Air
You can find the product specification on the respective product pages. The specification contains a list of all supported normal values.
To get more detailed information about the supported parameters, age range, ethnicities and height range of each supported predicted set, please click here.
BTPS Correction is used to convert flow and volume measured at ambient conditions to the conditions within the lungs. Ambient conditions are called ATP (ambient temperature, pressure); the conditions within the lungs are called BTPS (body temperature, pressure, water vapor saturated).
Click here for more information.
All our products can be purchased through our authorized distribution partners. Please contact us to receive more information on finding your local dealer.
A compatible printer can be connected directly to the cradle provided with the device. Please consult our Printer Compatibility List including thermal printer options.
You can also use our free companion PC software, EasyOne Connect. The device is connected to the PC via the USB cradle provided. Data from the spirometer is synchronized with the PC database, allowing you to print to any printer connected to that PC or network. EasyOne Connect also allows you to view, trend and create PDF reports.
It is also possible to send pdf reports directly to a connected PC via file exchange.
The EasyOne Air uses the patented ndd Flow Tube, a single-patient-use mouthpiece which ensures that no contamination can reach the internal flow path of the device. This means that no cleaning is required between patients, and no calibration, ever. Simply toss the Flow Tube after each test session.
EasyOne Connect is the free companion PC software for the EasyOne Air. It can be downloaded directly from our web site. Here are a few of the features and benefits of using EasyOne Connect:
- Long-term storage of test data
- Ability to enter patient demographics from the PC
- Connectivity with your EMR system
- Ability to over-read and manipulate data on the PC
- Export of data in many different formats, including the ability to create PDF reports
- Bluetooth allows wireless viewing of real-time curves on PC display, or use of real-time animated/pediatric incentives
- View and print trend graphs
- Create custom test report templates
The on-board memory for the EasyOne Air spirometer can store approximately 10,000 tests. For long-term storage the data can be synchronized to the EasyOne Connect PC software database.
The EasyOne Air spirometer uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. An empty battery can be fully charged in about 5 hours. A fully-charged battery can support the performance of approximately 100 spirometry test sessions. While a new battery is likely to work for several years, ndd recommends that the battery be replaced every 1–2 years to ensure trouble-free performance.
All EasyOne products are designed to require no calibration and only minimal maintenance. We do not recommend a specific schedule for calibration checks. The device is designed to remain in calibration throughout its lifetime. A number of independent papers have been published that confirm this long-term stability.
However, within the industry, there are published standards where recommendations and requirements for calibration verification are set. For example, the ATS recommends daily calibration checks on all spirometry equipment, regardless of manufacturer. Further, all testing that falls under the requirements of NIOSH/OSHA and Social Security/Disability should be accompanied by a daily calibration check. For those wishing to perform calibration checks ndd offers a 3-Liter calibration syringe.
Yes, ndd’s products are all completely HL7 compatible through EasyOne Connect, the free companion PC software, enabling connectivity to virtually all EMRs. We would be happy to work with you to configure an interface for your particular EMR system. We are also constantly working to expand our library of dedicated integrations. For more information on connectivity with your particular EMR contact our Technical Support team.